The Future Fund
Westfield Bank established THE FUTURE FUND in 2002 as a response to overwhelming community needs and the shrinking sources of corporate philanthropy. The year of the fund’s inception is significant in that 2002 marked our 150th year of continuous service to the community. Our hometown of Westfield and the communities of Greater Springfield and Northern Connecticut have been good to us. THE FUTURE FUND is one of the many ways we pay tribute to our customers and contribute to important community-based initiatives.
Although we are willing to consider all projects that positively impact the communities we serve, our primary funding priority is to fund projects that affect children. Educational, recreational, cultural and social service programs and projects have all received grant funding from THE FUTURE FUND. Children will continue to be our primary, though not exclusive, focus.
THE FUTURE FUND considers projects and initiatives that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Impacts priorities stated above
- Includes a strategy for leveraging other resources
- Produces measurable results
- Provides opportunities for collaboration with other entities in the community
- Addresses critical community needs
- Are viable and sustainable
- Grant recipients must have 501c3 status
- Grant recipients must serve the market area served by Westfield Bank
- We do not consider multiple requests from the same organization in one calendar year
- We will not respond to verbal requests. A letter of intent is required for consideration.
THE FUTURE FUND directors meet annually to determine grant funding for the year. The date to submit all grant applications is Friday, March 30, 2018. Grant recipients will be notified no later than Friday, May 25, 2018.
To apply for a grant, download the grant application form and submit it along with the grant request narrative (see the grant application form for details) to:
Vice President, Director of Marketing
141 Elm Street
Westfield, MA 01085