COVID-19 Updates & Information
A message from President and CEO James Hagan
In the wake of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we have created this page to keep our customers up to date on the latest developments at Westfield Bank.
As always, our primary focus is the safety and well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we serve. We are meeting regularly to assess the situation and are actively following the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We are also monitoring information provided by federal, state, and local agencies. Any decisions we make will be based on the advice of experts and in the best interest of all of our constituencies.
I wanted to take a moment to outline some of the steps we have taken to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We have closed all branch lobbies effective Friday, March 20. Drive-up windows and ATMs will remain OPEN, and existing customers can schedule appointments as needed for things like safe deposit boxes.
- Suspended all non-essential business travel for employees
- Initiated enhanced cleaning of our branch offices, departments, and ATMs
- Provided hand sanitizer at our branch locations for customers and employees
- Required that any employees who are sick remain home
- Encouraged customers to use drive-up, ATMs, and remote banking technology
- Where business functions allow, identified employees who can work from home
In addition to our efforts to help prevent community spread, we have also taken steps to assist customers who may be financially impacted by this pandemic. These include:
- Payment forbearance and/or special payment arrangements for consumer loan customers (Please contact our Customer Call Center at 413.568.1911 or 800.995.5734 to discuss your situation.)
- Assistance for commercial loan customers. (Small Business customers, please contact our Customer Call Center at 413.568.1911; Commercial Lending customers, please contact your commercial lender.)
- Disaster Assistance Loans available through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the State of Massachusetts. (More information can be found below.)
While these are certainly challenging times, I’m confident that together, we will persevere and be stronger than ever as a nation, a region, and a community.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Call Center (413.568.1911 or 800.995.5734) should you have any questions or concerns. We’re here to help.
James C. Hagan
President & CEO
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Helpful information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found here:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization
- State of Massachusetts
- State of Connecticut
Branch Offices & Departments
***All Westfield Bank branch lobbies are closed effective Friday, March 20. Drive-up windows and ATMs will remain OPEN with their normal hours of operation.***
Appointments are available for existing customers needing to access their safe deposit box or certain transactions requiring in-branch service on a limited basis. Please call your local branch or the Customer Call Center at 413.568.1911 to request an appointment.
We have initiated enhanced cleaning of our branch offices and ATMs and hand sanitizer is available in all of our lobbies. To ensure the well-being of our customers and employees, we kindly ask that you follow the guidelines established by the CDC and not visit our offices or departments if you are feeling sick or experiencing any symptoms, have traveled outside the U.S., or have been exposed to somebody who has. Likewise, our employees will be following the same protocols.
Customer Care Center
Our Customer Care Center can provide many of the services available at our branch offices including transfers, stop payments, resetting passwords, lost or stolen debit cards, and deposit and loan account inquiries.
Call 413.568.1911 or 800.995-5734
Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm EST
Saturday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm EST
Sunday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm EST
If you are not able to bank in person, we do offer a number of convenient ways to bank with us electronically:
- Mobile Banking (including Mobile Deposit)
- Online Banking & Bill Pay
- ATM Network
- Online Loan Payments
- WB CardControl App (to manage your debit card)
- Telephone Banking (800.995.5734)
- Text Banking
Visit our Online Education Center to learn more.
Disaster Assistance Resources for Businesses
Has the coronavirus pandemic negatively impacted your business? If you're experiencing financial difficulties due to COVID-19, there are resources available. Learn more >
Retirement Savings Plan Provisions Due to the Passage of The Coronavirus, Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act or CARES Act
The CARES Act provides relief allowing IRA owners, including beneficiaries, to waive receiving Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) in 2020. This RMD waiver would also apply to individuals who turned 70 ½ in 2019, but did not take their RMD before January 1. 2020.
For more information, please contact a member of our Retirement Services Team here.
Beware of Fraud
Sadly, situations like this often present opportunities for fraudulent activity. Here are some tips to help protect you and your loved ones:
- Do not click on links from sources you don’t know.
- Be wary of emails claiming to be from the CDC or experts saying they have information about the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations.
- Make an educated decision when it comes to making donations, whether through charities or crowdfunding sites.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities” or other unusual requests or offers.
Valuable information on the latest COVID-19 related scams and tips on how to protect yourself:
Visit our Online Security Center to learn more.
Please be assured that we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will be in contact with you should our current mode of operation change. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Call Center at 413.568.1911 or 800.995.5734.