Your security is very important to us. We work diligently to safeguard your personal information and prevent security breaches and fraudulent activity, but we also ask you to be vigilant and take the necessary steps to keep your information safe and secure. Please take advantage of the resources located here in the Westfield Bank Security Center to learn about how to protect you and your information from criminals.
How to Protect Your Business From Ransomware Attacks
Ransomware is one of the internet's fastest growing attacks. Learn tactics from the FBI on how to protect your business safe here.
Current Frauds Circulating in our Area
Protect yourself and your information by reading up on current scams in our area:
- Common Scams - Learn More
- Apple and Amazon Support Scams - Learn More
- Norton Support Scams- Learn More
- Imposter Scams- if you receive a phone call, text message, email, or a computer pop-up message purporting to be from your bank, a government agency, Apple, Amazon, Norton, etc… be very careful. Common best practices-
- DO NOT reply quickly in these situations. Fraudsters frequently use threats and pressure to get people to act quickly without thinking.
- DO NOT give out any personal information. Hang up, dial known phone numbers, and be sure you know who you’re dealing with.
- DO NOT disclose your credentials or allow remote access to your computer or online banking.
- DO NOT purchase gift cards, make transfers, or verify your bank or bank balances. Learn More
Please be advised that Westfield Bank Employees will never call you and request personal information such as your debit card number or the CVV number on the back of your card.
While our employees will NEVER call you to request information such as your Social Security number, date of birth, debit card number, expiration date, or the CVV number on the back of your card, we may reach out to you for questions pertaining to transactions that we deem questionable or potentially fraudulent.
When calling Westfield Bank, we may ask you to verify personal or account information in order to confirm your identity to ensure the highest level of security. Your security is very important to us and we work diligently to safeguard your personal information and ask you to be vigilant and take the necessary steps to keep your information safe and secure.